A company communicates not only by means of the commercial messages appearing in the media and press releases sent to newspapers, but also through its actions and the way it addresses its internal and external public.
Matching your corporate identity with your corporate image may sometime be difficult. In addition the spokesperson of an organization must be able to act swiftly to contain negative exposure in blogs and social media websites, as well as deal effectively with requests from journalists.
Our course aims at explaining how effective public relations can help an organization maintain its visibility in the media and tackle a crisis whenever and wherever it may occur.
The course is delivered by Italian industry professional Dott. Fabio Giangolini, B. Comm. (Hons), MA Marketing Management Universita’ di Roma “La Sapienza”. Director Strategic Communications.
Dott. Giangolini is a trainer on digital branding and social media strategies at MISCO, a marketing lecturer for the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) and for the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM), and a business advisor for Malta Enterprise’s clients.
He is also active in the field of journalism, and he is currently the editor of the world news and special operations sections of the Italian military magazine “Combat Arms” (CAFF Editrice). His articles have been included in the library of the Centre for Advanced Defence Studies (in Italian: Centro Alti Studi per la Difesa – CASD) of the Italian Ministry of Defence.
Who should attend
Managers, public relations officials and spokespersons of any organization. Public affairs professionals. Marketing and Communications university students.
– Providing participants with the tools to recognize occasions for generating positive exposure
– Analysing best practices in the management of a crisis from a PR point of view
– Recognizing risk factors inside an organization which could lead to a crisis and identifying ways of preventing them
– Limiting the damages from bad exposure in the media
– Understanding the use of public affairs in the EU
– Introduction to public relations
– The PR function in an organization
– Recognising news value in a story
– Critical factors in the publication of press releases
– Understanding how to liaise with the media to organize a press launch
– Assembling the media kit for the press launch
– Crisis communication: international and local case studies
– Standard operating procedures for managing a crisis
– Effective techniques to deal with media enquiries
– Evaluation of PR activities
– Public affairs in the EU
– Practical exercise